Part II-Modern City Tour and visit The Palace Hotel & Sofitel Palm Jumeirah
We woke up excited to see the modern part of Dubai and visit The Sofitel Hotel and the Palace Hotel by the Address. We customized our tour, normally you would have a few stops we did not make in order to see a few other hotels.
First things first, we enjoyed our massive brunch spread and headed out again with our fabulous guide Gabriel. We started our morning with The Palace Hotel by the Address. It is built on the edge of a lake on the Old Town Island in Downtown Dubai, and is the perfect mix of old-world Arabian charm in an ultra-modern setting. It is super luxurious and stunning.
When we first walked in I felt like I was actually in a palace, with fountains, lights, and gorgeous artwork. But, when I stepped out onto their lobby patio my mind was blown. You are greeted by a massive outdoor area, pool and lounging area right on the water. In addition, you are surrounded by beautiful major attractions like Souk Al Bahar, The Dubai Fountain, Burj Khalifa and The Dubai Mall within walking distance. You can walk around freely and enjoy your time, and discover for yourself how amazing this spot is! Words can’t quite describe it.
We took a tour of the whole Palace hotel, and again nothing but the best in this hotel as far as restaurants, spas and amenities. The rooms were beautiful with great little balconies to overlook the sights and beautiful turquoise water and fountains. If you are after a well-located luxurious hotel, this is your place!
Some worth mentioning are:
- Take a traditional Abra ride on the Burj Lak-Enjoy a breathtaking show of sights and sounds. The Dubai Fountain Lake Ride gives you front row sets to the world’s largest performing fountain.
- The Emirates A380 Experience-Discover the excitement and challenges of flying a large passenger airliner on the state-of-the-art Emirates A380 flight simulator.
- Dubai Aquarium & Underwater Zoo-Marvel at the wonders of nature up close with more than 33,000 animals to admire.
- At the Top, Burj Khalifa-At Soaring heights of the world’s tallest building experience the breathtaking 360 degree views of Dubai n the observation deck and immerse yourself in the region’s young, yet rich history.
- KidZania-An interactive children’s sized city that encourages education through play. Through role-play kids will polish their social skills while having fun.
We carried on our day and headed out to the tree shaped palms island of Palm Jumeirah to visit the Sofitel Hotel! At first sight you see a community that has glitzy hotels, posh apartment towers and global restaurants. We pulled up and immediately I was astounded with the location. It’s right off of a boardwalk with an amazing white sand beach and rows of restaurants right on the water. Surrounded by stores in a chic neighborhood, it’s somewhere you can walk around eat, shop, and enjoy your time at leisure.
The Palm Jumeirah Boardwalk is popular for its views of the Dubai coastline and the sail-shaped Burj Al Arab hotel. You will find an assortment of beach clubs with spas and infinity pools that turn into boisterous nightclubs with live DJs in the evening.
The Sofitel was amazing. It’s a chic, hip hotel with all the amenities you could hope for. It’s contemporary design, stylish high-end features, French luxury and middle eastern touches make it a perfect choice. Private balconies lookout over the turquoise sea, the Palm Jumeirah or Ain Dubai. You can throw on your swimsuit and relax and unwind at the sea view pool, and the al fresco lounge and soak up the sights. The beach and boardwalk sprawl all the way down the coastline.
We carried on from there and visited Dubai Marina and learned about the surrounding buildings and area, and finished off with a quick stop at the Atlantis Hotel. This spectacular resort is a world of its own. Enjoy your vacation with some of these spectacular options:
- Swim with Dolphins
- Visit Aquaventure Waterpark
- View the Los Chambers Aquarium
- Be cuddly in the water at Seda Lion Point
- Take an Atlantis Aquarium Dive
- Take a Yacht & Boat Cruise
- Seabob Rentals
- Helicopter Tours
- Shopping, ShuiQi Spa, Beaches, Pools, Tennis Courts, Nightlife, Restaurants, Kids Club
Depending on what you chose Dubai has so much to offer for any type of vacation!
Stay tuned for more where we carry on our journey and visit Abu Dhabi, Yas Waterworld, and take a desert safari trip!
There are many Dubai Tour packages that can be booked as an individual trip or as a stopover on your way to India. It doesn’t matter if you are booking a luxury Dubai tour or are planning to backpack around the area, Bains Travel is your go to Dubai travel agent.
If you are planning a trip to Dubai or any of the magical United Arab Emirates cities, Bains Travel is Canada’s most knowledgeable Travel Agency. With offices in Vancouver, Surrey, Abbotsford and Mississauga (that services the entire Greater Toronto Area) we are available for face-to-face discussions about a Dubai Tour or just pick the phone anywhere in the United States or Canada to get a quote. Call us at 1-888-340-7447 or email at email@example.com.