LOWEST AIRFARE & TOURS TO AHMEDABAD, INDIA!
We are your Ahmedabad, India experts since 1965! If you are buying your Ahmedabad Airfare & Tours from somewhere else, you are paying too much! Contact us today for our lowest fares of the day, and unpublished fares you will not find online! Plus, we have access to all the major suppliers and can offer you the lowest rates on hotels in Ahmedabad, tours and transfers to complement your stay! 1.844.847.9704 | [email protected]
ABOUT AHMEDABAD, INDIA
Ahmedabad, India is known as the Manchester of the East as there are many textile mills located there. It is the biggest city in Gujarat, and is the seventh largest metropolitan in India. It is most famous for being home to the Sabarmati Ashram which is associated with Mahatma Gandhi.
After Mumbai, Ahmedabad is the most thriving city in west India. This city is an excellent mix between “new and old” and has world class educational institutions and industries, as well as several historical sites. The main attraction of Ahmedabad, India is the exquisite architecture that blends the Hindu and Islamic styles. Recently, Ahmedabad, India has become a hotspot for medical tourism with medical facilities available at low cost!
TOUR IDEAS IN AHMEDABAD, INDIA
Things to see:
- Gandhi Ashram: is probably the most important social and cultural place in Ahmedabad, India. A place of pilgrimage for Gandhians and pacifists, the Ashram was set up by Gandhiji in 1917 and was pretty much the headquarters of the Indian freedom struggle.
- The Bhadra Fort: is another very popular attraction in Ahmedabad, India. Constructed in 1411 by Sultan Ahmad Shah, the fort is the venue for the hoisting of the tricolour on Republic Day and Independence Day.
- Several religious places of worship: visit the Swaminarayan Temple, as well as many mosques like the Ahmed Shah Mosque and the Jama Masjid.
- Popular Gardens: worth a visit are the Law Garden, Bal Vatika and Victoria Garden among others.
- The Kamla Nehru Zoological Park: is a good venue for a day trip.
- Several lakes: the man-made Kankaria Lake located in Maninagar is the biggest and is lit up beautifully during the annual week-long Kankaria Carnival.